The premiere product from L'Art du Son is a new and revolutionary record cleaning solution developed after years of research by founder and analog devotee Martina Schoener.
The cleaning fluid features:
• Very economical. Concentrate makes up to 4 quarts of cleaning fluid when added to ordinary distilled water
• Contains NO alcohol which can damage LP's
• Use of Environmentally friendly formula components
• Non-toxic, anti-static formula. Biodegradable
• Dramatic increase in dynamic contrasts from LP playback
• Improved bass response from LP playback
• Vast improvement in overall soundstage clarity from LP playback
• Increased stage depth and sense of musical ease from LP playback
• Substantial reduction in LP noise floor resulting in improved clarity and instrumental definition
• Increased LP longevity
• Even makes brand new records sound quieter and better
• No harsh chemical smell. Almost smells like a soft perfume in concentrate form. Even less odor when diluted.
• Imported from Germany, Made for Loricraft Audio.
When properly diluted in one gallon of distilled water, this amount will last many thousands of record cleanings. Distilled water is readily available in most grocery stores or pharmacies. Special extra pure deionized water is available from auto supply stores for refilling car batteries.
Tips on using L'Art du Son
The L'Art du Son Record Cleaning Solution concentrate is shipped in a dark brown bottle because the ingredients are biodegradable. Although the potency will sustain several years of shelf life, the manufacturer recommends you keep the concentrate in a cool, dark place and not expose to sunlight or other bright light sources. There are two ways to protect the potency:
• Shake the bottle of concentrate vigorously to mix the ingredients thoroughly
• Mix a quart of solution at a time by measuring 1/4 the amount of the concentrate for each quart of distilled water. Store the rest of the concentrate for future use
• Make 4 quarts (or 5 litres, if you like that measurement) from the concentrate and store the unused bottles in a dark, cool closet. Brown bottles are generally available from a Pharmacist (generally the smaller family owned stores) or from chemical supply houses
• Transfer your mixed solution to a "spray bottle" for easy application on your record cleaning machine
• Shake the bottle of diluted fluid before using to remix the formula. Separation of chemicals can occur if the bottle is sitting for a long time
• Apply only enough fluid to completely wet the surface of the record, (not the label) to avoid spillage to the plinth of the record cleaning machine because of the centrifugal force of the spinning turntable. Use your record brush to make a smooth, wet coating on the grooves.
• Allow the solution to work. Usually one minute (soak time) is adequate before using the vacuum to remove the dirty fluid.
• If you spill liquid while applying to a record, this formula will not stain or discolor the parts of your machine.
• For very dirty records repeat the cleaning process several times. Allow the grooves to soak for 2-4 minutes.