- Jo Harrop – The Heart Wants
- Jeremy Olivier - Where the light gets in
- Colin James - Open Road
- Magnus Hjorth Trio – Blue Interval
- Ellis Marsalis Trio – Twelve’s It
- Graham Dechter – Major Influence
- Lady Blackbird – Black Acid Soul
- Amythyst Kiah - Wary + Strange
- Patricia Barber – Clique
- Tedeshi Trucks Band, Trey Anastasio - Layla Revisited (Live at LOCKN')
Quite possibly the best Canadian blues album of 2021. Colin James continually cranks out one great album after another. With a combination of original songs and covers, this album just hits so well. There are certain songs and guitar licks that are reminiscent of his absolutely stellar “Bad Habits” from 1995. Listen to it on TIDAL or buy it from 7 Digital Canada. If you’re buying from 7 Digital, you might as well buy his 2018 album “Miles to Go” as well. Spectacular!
With a nod to tradition, Swedish pianist Magnus Hjorth combines elements of the swing and dexterity of Oscar Peterson with Count Basie’s understated yet captivating style. With the stellar sidemen of Lasse Mørck on bass and Snorre Kirk on drums, this trio combines for a fantastic outing on this 2014 release. This is an album that deserves your attention for both great jazz and sound quality as well. Find Blue Interval on TIDAL.
Recorded in 1998, this is an album that has stood the test of time sounding every bit as good now as it did back then (both musically and sonically). Select Read More below for further details.