Note: Price listed is for the most popular Rega arm mount.
To replace Rega arms and their modified versions (i.e Michell, NAD etc.) a standard Origin Live arm (9.5" / 239mm effective length) fits directly into all older standard Rega armboards. No additional holes are needed, no modifications, no extra fittings, no VTA adjusters. This easy swap is down to the geometry of Origin Live arms being identical to all older Regas. For other tonearm options and cable upgrades, please contact us.
The Encounter arm introduces dual-pivot bearings to the Origin Live tonearm range. Dual Pivot bearings decouple the arm from its environment in a far more competent way than conventional bearings. The result is similar to Uni-pivot arms in terms of a natural fluid-like quality to the sound. However, this comes without the drawbacks of Uni-pivot arms – namely the fiddly setup, wobbly cueing and decrease in bass performance.
Dual Pivot bearings have the advantage of very low friction which helps give the encounter greater transparency and musicality than the Zephyr arm, allowing you to hear previously unnoticed details in your music. It’s also fast and enables musical rhythms to keep in time with one another. As with all our arms, tonal balance is neutral allowing it to work well in all types of systems.
• Arm Tube is made from high-grade aircraft alloy to reduce the effect of resonance. This has the enormous advantage of allowing your cartridge to function correctly without unwanted movements caused by resonance.
• A High Strength Rear-stub improves counterweight stability in vibration – thus enabling the arm tube to hold the cartridge more steadily. The result is an increase in dynamics and a sense of power and control in the bass.
• Headshell features improved de-coupling and lightweight finger-lift.
• Dual Pivot Bearings. For vertical arm movement, the bearings consist of Ultra-hard tungsten carbide points sitting in hardened and burnished steel cups. This combination not only delivers incredibly low friction levels but is also much more robust than jewelled bearings which tend to shatter under stress. The results are incredible transparency, fluidity and retrieval of fine detail.
• Precise and Accessible VTA adjuster. VTA can be adjusted precisely and infinitely using a large diameter calibrated dial. A further advantage is that all adjustments can be carried out above the arm-board (unlike lower arms in the range which demand access below the arm-board).
• Azimuth Adjuster
• Falling Weight Side Bias - Tests show this to be the highest performing method of achieving side bias. It has lower friction, better constant force and lower resonance than other alternatives such as magnets, springs, levers and twisted threads.
• Internal Wiring is high-grade copper Litz wire, cryogenically frozen to reduce discontinuities in the conductors. This allows great transparency, detail and freedom from artefacts.
• 1 Meter Upgrade External Cable (6mm diameter) Low resistance cable with high conductivity Gold plated RCA plugs to fit directly into your phono-stage or amplifier.